- The ideal candidate will have familiarity with several development technologies and platforms, and have experience with native and cross platform mobile application development.
- Ability to contribute in translating high level product requirements into system and sub system level specifications and designs.
- System thinker with excellent understanding of software system architecture, communications technologies and connected systems architecture, operating system fundamentals, API designs, and system security.
- Understanding of the effect of system design decisions on verification activities and sustaining level of effort.
- Knowledge in the following areas: TCP/IP network protocols, RESTful APIs, Bluetooth & BLE.
- Understanding of IoT trends, connectivity, and products.
- Highly collaborative and able to work as part of a cross-functional team.
- Knowledge in best practices for implementing security in connected consumer products.
- Some understanding of product development and engineering project management processes.
- Some experience with and sensitivity to human factors issues associated with the use of medical devices is helpful.
- Some knowledge and experience developing products under FDA and European Community medical device regulations and standards is helpful.
- Good verbal and written communications skills. Demonstrated success in technical decision making in a matrix environment.
Required/ Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering including training and experience in systems, electronics, and software engineering. Master's degree in Engineering is a plus.
- 7+ years' experience developing electronic hardware and embedded software systems, and mobile applications for connected environments
- Experience with medical device development and biomedical signal acquisition helpful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.